If you get us, you will see and support what we are doing at JC Scott eco Design. Come see and support our community, our ecology, local business & gain a better understanding of natural West Coast Design through our 100 Mile Design business principles, through what we display and promote in our studio gallery and… read more
About JC Scott
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud JC Scott contributed a whooping 49 entries.
Entries by JC Scott
4. Celebrate & appreciate where you are by using local materials and indigenous architecture There are several advantages to paying attention to where you are in terms of design, because local materials have the lowest carbon footprint and because regional architectural methods usually have been adapted to climatic conditions and available materials. For example this Courtenay restaurant… read more
3. Your carbon footprint really does matter because we are well past inconvenient now. At huge expense, the petrochemical, coal and fuel apologists and their media powers of obfuscation have hidden the truth about the risks we all face by ignoring science. A huge number of North Americans don’t believe in global warming, even during… read more
2. You are more than what you eat, you are also what you breathe, so VOC’S or allergy free? IAQ – VOC’S do you know what these mean? It’s quite important that you do. Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) is ameasure of the cleanliness or toxicity of the air you breathe indoors. In North American homes… read more
1. What if we lived and behaved as if we planned to stay here? What would we do differently? This expression about planning to stay here (in our communities and on the earth) was raised at Living Future 2012, The Living Building Symposium held this May by the Cascadia Green Building Council in Victoria, BC…. read more
With hope for the future and experience based vision, community based timeless values have moved into greater focus and importance for me. Ten checkpoints that I use for my decision making are worth sharing. Does my design and planning process produce something that is made locally, minimizing transportation needs and energy consumption and enhancing local business and… read more
Join us at 2348 Beacon Avenue, Sidney BC, or call for more information 778-426-2762
Despite the zealous attempts by Moses Znaimer and virtually every other ‘cool’ Zoomer of my generation, an apparently self evident fact is being ignored. The fact? Zoomers are no longer actually cool or with-it, yet they (we for many of us) are in deep denial of this. Hearing the recent Grammy Awards referred to by… read more
JC Scott takes an impactful snap shot of a girl chasing bubbles, leading him to question the actions we take now which will leave an indelible mark on the planet to be inherited by a younger generation. I lead a pleasant life. For example I took this photo at a winery dinner this summer, attended… read more
Just like the French and American revolutions, the Occupy Wall Street Movement is motivated by the need for change in world equity and is inspired by hope, equality and freedom. What was the clear plan of the French Revolution? In fact what was the clear plan of the American Revolution? Looking back we have found… read more
… there really is no substitute for the insight one can get from a knowledgeable, objective advisor.
Originally I thought I didn’t need a designer. You provided many ideas that I never would have thought of and were open to my ideas and suggestions too.
He has an amazing knack for problem solving, an amazing knack for seeing what our idea is, and taking it from idea to vision.
- JC ScottWHY WOULD A DESIGNER SELECT VANCOUVER ISLAND MARBLE ?July 25, 2020 - 10:55 pm
Q. Why would a designer select and specify Vancouver Island Marble Quarries products for their projects?A 1. Much of Western and Northern Vancouver Island is comprised of limestone with large marble deposits. The material is both abundant and local.2. Only some of the marble is of good quality in large enough seams without cracks and… read more
- DESIGN for ISOLATION – UPDATEApril 6, 2020 - 6:36 pm
The healthy home which I promote and design for, has never in my long career, been more important than it is today. In the past weeks, I have been communicating with, and gleaning practical information from, my healthy home network, some of which I will share in this update. Special thanks go to Dr Myron… read more