Permits and Approval
A young couple’s covered front step on an older home in Fairfield was rotten and needed replacement, their neighbour offered to build them a new porch. They began the process without a building permit and were issued a stop work order. JC Scott had designed a complete home eco renovation for a workmate of one of the owners so he was asked and engaged to solve the problem. After reviewing the situation with the city officials, a development variance was needed because the house was too close to a property line, then a building permit with structural drawings was required. Both were grantedand today the porch is built for the owners’ use and enjoyment.
The Oak Bay Beach Hotel required a development permit; the owner’s and architect had been turned down once and were starting a second approach for the important Development Permit which could allow the hotel to be demolished and re-built or not. JC Scott was engaged and he considers the changes he directed toward a more heritage sensitive architectural scheme, the renderings, 21 public meetings, three stages of council directed revisions and a fastidious attention to drawings, branding, public relations and first rate presentations, as one of the most challenging Development Permits of his career. However, experience and patience won the day and the final council vote approved the hotel which is built and thriving today. From difficult and time consuming approvals like development permits to more simple building permits, CRD approvals, Liquor Control Board approvals and all levels of project approval from governments to financial institutions, put experience and a virtually perfect track record of project approvals to work for you.
From restaurants to resorts, new homes to heritage renovations, put JC’s experience in the permits process save you time, money and stress.
Because every significant building change and all new buildings require permits, the following point is important to consider.
Design is only ever as good as what can be approved.
Interior Design Services (Combined with eco Interior Design strategies and expertise):
- Space Planning
- Floor Plans
- Material Selections
- Finish Selections
- Furniture Selections
- Carpet and Flooring Selections
- Wall and Wall Covering Selections
- Kitchen and Bath Planning / Design
- Appliance Selections
- Built-ins and Wall Unit Selections
- Closet Design
- Lighting Design / Selections
- Universal Access Design and Product Selections
Interior Decorating Services:
- Furniture Placement
- Window Treatment Selections
- Fabric Selections
- Color and Paint Schemes
- Lamps and Accessories
- Mattress and Bedding Selections
- Art Selection and Placement / Hanging
Green Interior Design Consulting Services:
- Recommendation of Healthy Home Furnishings and Products
- Recommendation of Sustainable Built Green, Green Key and LEED Compliant Home / Hospitality / Commercial Building Products
- Recommendation of Restaurant / Hotel / Resort / Clubhouse / Hospitality Furnishings and Products
- Recommendation of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Products and Best Practices
- Recommendation of Products Suitable for Chemical Sensitivity
- EMF Testing and Recommendations
- Non-Toxic, Allergy-free and Organic Product / Material Selections Emphasized Throughout
- Home Certification with CHBA Built-Green
- Home Inspections with City Green Solutions
- Home Certification with LEED Homes Rating System
- Hotel / Hospitality Certification with Green Key Lodging Association
- Vancouver Island Green Business Certification
NOTE: If Certifications are selected, each organization carries filing / certification fees that would be applicable and in addition to scope of services.